"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Friday, December 5, 2008

Cozy Happy Family


I just had to comment on this picture! Don't you love the chicken? I counted six kids, I bet the wife is pregnant with the seventh! It looks like it rained during the night, not to worry they kept each other warm, and the kids slept through the thunder and lightning. The sun's up but they are still sleeping, do you think they had a rough night? It's nice that the cat and dog are at peace.

My parents had an open door policy. That's not to say they didn't have private times. But they were available to us day or night. And if we were afraid at night we were allowed to climb in bed with them! Sure made me feel secure! Nothing was more comforting than lying in their bed with my face deep in my dad's pillow!

We raised our kids with the same open door, at every hour. I wonder if they noticed?

5 comments:

Pedaling said...

i agree - looks to me like you read this picture right.....i love it too.
i'm sure your kids got the open door policy message, we've all passed down and continued on in our own families.

sandyseashells said...

Always a safe, secure, warm, place to be able to go to.
I really liked this picture to.
Cozy and loving.

Jen said...

Our kids are always in and out of our beds. I think Morgan ends up snuggled up with Dan more than I do lately.

Once in a while, I actually move everyone back to where they belong so I can stretch my legs!

Gram said...

This all started when you were babies. You slept with us a lot then. But I did not sleep soundly when you were so little for fear your Dad would roll over on you in his sleep. He never did, probably he did not sleep soundly either.

Lulu said...

I like the dog and the bricks holding up the bed.