"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mankind Enters a New Era

Genesis Chapters 8 & 9

After about a year in the ark, Noah and his Family come out onto an earth washed clean. Noah appreciates Jehovah's mercy and protective hand in saving his family through the flood. So, the first thing Noah does is to build an altar and offer up a sacrifice to Jehovah, leading his family in the pure worship of the Most High.
Jehovah was pleased and revealed that the earth would no longer be cursed, there would always be "seed sowing and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night." Gen 8:22.

And Jehovah blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth." Also, Jehovah gave them new laws for their welfare. He allowed them to add meat to their diet, but since the soul or life was in the blood, the blood was not to be eaten; capital punishment was put into place, but only by assigned authority. These laws were to be binding on all mankind, as children of Noah's three sons. -Gen 9:1-7

After this Jehovah made a promise to Noah saying, "And as for me, here I am establishing my covenant with you men and with your offspring after you, and with every living soul that is with you, among fowls, among beasts and among all living creatures of the earth with you... Yes, I do establish my covenant with you: No more will all flesh be cut off by waters of a deluge, and no more will there occur a deluge to bring the earth to ruin... This is the sign of the covenant that I am giving between me and you and every living soul that is with you, for generations to time indefinite. My rainbow I do give in the cloud, and it must serve as a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. .. And I shall certainly remember my covenant which is between me and you and every living soul among all flesh; and no more will the waters become a deluge to bring all flesh to ruin. And the rainbow must occur in the cloud, and I shall certainly see it to remember the covenant to time indefinite between God and every living soul among all flesh that is upon the earth."

So when we see the rainbow in the heavens after a storm we do not need to be in morbid fear, but rather, we remember that Jehovah does not destroy the righteous along with the wicked, but He always provides a means of escape for those that love Him.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Dan always comments "no flood today" whenever his sees a rainbow.

Gram said...

Seeing a rainbow always brings joy to me when I think of the covenant that goes with it. Thanks be to God.

sandyseashells said...

I hope David and I, are in the same place together. I don't care where that is. Those of you that are righteous, deserve more-- better.