"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Friday, May 15, 2009

I should have been an Architect- Libraries

Are you like me? Do you Love Libraries? As a young mother I used to take my children to the "Bookmobile" remember those libraries on wheels? The following pictures are libraries I would like to visit.


In Kansas USA -Earth sheltered Library

Kansas City library

An artist rendering of our own Temecula Public Library.

This is the entrance to Temecula Library.

This is our Library in the evening.
This building is just down the street from our Kingdom Hall.
I love these learning centers.

7 comments:

sweet older sister said...

Kansas City Library is in Missouri.

Jen said...

I take my kids to the library from time to time. They enjoy picking out books and cd's of Elmo singing songs.

Gram said...

You should have been an Architect. I think you would have been a good one.
Libraries seem to have unusual modern architech. I liked to go to the library in our town when growing up. I joined many summer book reading clubs. I even volunteered to work there long enough to earn a Girl Scout badge. I learned the filing of the books and checking the books in and out. Now I think young children have "Story Time"
free in many libraries.

sandyseashells said...

That Kansas City, library is pretty creative. I like that.
I started going to the library alot, before I had a computer. And now, I still go alot and check books out, And print stuff, etc.
It's also in my neighborhood, so me and sugar walk to it.
I remember "Book Mobiles".

Pedaling said...

the temecula library is beautiful.
you should see the one here in our town, not far from my house.
it is new and looks ridiculous- like a joke. maybe i'll take a picture. yours is MUCH nicer.

sandyseashells said...

I'm glad you like that hummingbird.
And these "last days" we're living in, sure are long days. I'll be glad when they're over.
Some people 'fear' the end of the world. Not me. I can hardly wait to have some of this mess of mine behind me.

Dave said...

Could you please tell me the name of the Kansas City library. I painted the interior when it was first constructed in the mid 80's when I lived in the Kansas City area and am trying to find further information on the building.

Thanks,
Dave
hoffcon1@yahoo.com