"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wlhere to find Comfort

When I received the news of my Daddy's death I went ahead and attended our International Convention in San Diego, as we had previously planned. I am glad I did. It was comforting to be among God's loving people. I received many hugs and kisses, both from those who knew of my loss and those who did not.


This Chinese sister is married to an American brother.


Here is a young sister that just got back from a land that is under ban.
She is standing next to a brother from Mexico

Here we are with a brother from England and a brother from a local Indian Reservation.

Here is an interested young man in a wheel chair. He is originally from the Philippines, now lives in the States. It was his first time ever attending one of our conventions. The two sisters are from an Island, but I forgot which one.

So many colorful native costumes!
I'm not sure where they are all from.

Sisters from Africa.

Everyone wanted a picture with our Aztec sisters!

On Sunday there was a beautiful talk on the Resurrection hope.
It was so encouraging to know we have a sure hope, based on God's own word, that we will see our dead loved ones again. What comforting words for me.
Yes, I am so glad I went.

3 comments:

Pedaling said...

yes, that's where you needed to be that day.
it is good you went.
beautiful pics ronna.

Jen said...

Interesting how much grace is extended to us in our time of need.

sandyseashells said...

You were right where you were suppose to be.
What a great group of people, interested and coming together to learn more about Jehovah.