"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Cherry Tree Upon the Line



The Cherry Tree upon the line
A line, we could not see
Right next to Grandma's home
We claimed that cherry tree.

The birds would sing in pure delight
'Til Grandma would cause their flight
"It does not belong to me."
But guard it, she would with all her might.



This tree is not a climbing tree!
Grandma says, "it does not belong to me"
With fruit so luscious and bark so smooth.
With stealth we'd climb it taste it's fruit.



We knew, just as Indians did
This tree belongs, neither to man or kid
It was a gift from our Great God
Who, we would praise, yes long and loud.



I do see three urchins where?
High up in the cherries, there!
Davey, Becca, Ronna, Now!
Jump Down! Jump Down!
I'll tell you how!

There was Nance, with feet on the ground
I told you so, uh oh! uh oh!
Now we are in trouble big!
I hung my head like a naughty pig.

Cherry juice from head to toe
The birds flew off with a big loud tweet
And left us with our heads held low.
"Now, how will I make a pie so sweet?"


3 comments:

Pedaling said...

you wrote this poem?
wow. nice.
i like.
a lot.

sandyseashells said...

what a nice post.
Cherries.
What fun childhood memories.

Jen said...

I love trees, birds and little kids exploring.