"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Garden in Spring

Planted some corn at the end of March.
 Since I am home more I thought I would give gardening a try.
I prepared the ground with old dried horse manure, a little sand. 
 Dillion brought me a trailer full of mushroom compost!
Just added some water and seeds, look! 
Corn, squash, beans, and sunflowers.
I do not plan on having the perfect manicured garden. 
I am a messy gardener,
I love wild flowers, so all native (weeds) surround my garden.
The ladybugs are attracted to the weeds. 


I have a pomegranate tree. 

 If you look closely at its blossoms you will see it is full of bees!

 I am soo happy to see these little pollinaters!
Where did they all come from?

 We have this old box down the hill by the shed.
They have made themselves right at home.
And they are quite friendly, not mean at all.
 Do you know what this next plant is?
Desy brought by a bunch of planting soil. 
 This beautiful fern like plant popped up.
 Look closely


3 comments:

Pedaling said...

when i was a kid i remember you always having flowers planted around your homes in cali---a pomegranate tree?! that's awesome. Julie Fox used to have one of those and I loved picking and eating that yummuy beaded fruit!

Unknown said...

It's always fun to see little sprouts popping up after doing all that work to plant them. I hope they're tasty. Put some kind of 'netting' over your head and peek in that honey box. Better yet, send Dalton to check it out. haha. I also used to pick those pomegranates from the Fox's tree and eat them. They're a little bit of work, but worth it.

Unknown said...

oh yea, what about 'Sunflowers'? You used to have Sunflowers.