"Give Thanks To Jehovah, For He is Good"
Psalm 106:1
2015 year text

Friday, May 29, 2015

It's What's For Breakfast!




Strawberries and blackberries are sooooo delicious! 
I LOVE them, and hate to put anything on them, 
because they are perfect just  as they are.


Sometimes these berries don't even make it into the house.
I eat them right off the vine.


This is a Pitaya blossom. Also known as Dragonfuit. 
I have never grown this plant before, it was given to me.
I understand that some species need to be hand pollinated, others do not.
I have no idea which one this is, we will see. 
 (I will not be hand pollinating but will enjoy these blooms) 


For a little addition to your berries, you can get some acai juice, put in the blender with a pitaya, 
 frozen banana, frozen berries and a little lemon balm. 
Top it off with some fresh strawberries and you have a great way to start your day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum. I like berries, except I'm not crazy about Blueberries. They're OK and I know that they are so good for you, so I will eat them in smoothies, yogurt, or mixed into something. I've never heard of that plant, but it looks cool.